Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Reports to: Manager, Market Development
Our team works collaboratively together in all areas of Market Development (which consists of three areas of focus: Business Development, Lead Generation & Outreach and Marketing); as such you may be asked to support preparing proposals, working on growing other programs or service participants through relationship building, and / or working on marketing campaigns from the conceptualization to reporting stage. This role is a great fit for those who would look to be a future Manager in the team.
Greensaver’s Market Development team helps make the world a better place. We manage a brand that is a leading voice in energy efficiency, helping Canadians and small businesses save on their energy bills. We also help promote energy-conservation programs that have a meaningful impact for low-income Ontarians who need them the most. If you’re looking for a fulfilling career that truly makes a positive difference to the world, you’ll feel right at home here. Working for our passionate team will allow you to be part of something bigger than yourself. You will be safe in the knowledge that your skills are being used to help preserve our beautiful planet and help deserving people at the same time.
This position will be responsible for helping to drive the Market Development team forward in the area of Business Development. The responsibilities include building relationships with industry groups and organizations, as well as conducting competitive analysis. You will seek out opportunities for new business and prepare proposals and presentations to acquire new business. You will also support the launch of new business with the wider team. Strong energy conservation knowledge and excellent writing skills would be significant assets.
Collaboration is your strength with organizations, clients, customers, participants and of course with our own employees. As a relationship builder, you love to connect with others and can discover the true benefits for both sides, creating a foundation for a win / win relationship. As a member of the team, you will help to drive new participants / customers / and clients to secure the success of Greensaver. Your tasks will be varied and you must feel comfortable to step up and become an integral member of the team. Creativity, drive, and an appetite for success are a must.
- Build relationships with partners, industry groups and
- Track and get insights regarding competitor analysis / strategies.
- Develop strategies to move Greensaver in new directions.
- Proposal writing and preparation of presentations for energy conservation programs.
- Support the launch of new initiatives and programs.
- Create and coordinate outreach opportunities for new and existing programs.
- Identify and reach out to potential participants to generate applications / customers for Greensaver’s energy efficiency solutions including residential and small business.
- Support field enrolment personnel to maximize effectiveness.
- Log daily activity and opportunities into CRM database during enrolment processes to ensure accurate reporting.
- Achieve monthly enrolment targets.
- Contribute to the development and execution of marketing strategies and plans.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the marketing budget and results.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders and vendors to support multiple projects including campaigns, promotional events, and special events.
- Lead content calendar development, planning and implementation.
- Assist with the development of branded collateral, PowerPoint presentations and other written materials, ensuring consistency in all communications.
- Create, measure and report on market development activities, effectiveness, and business impact to inform future strategies and plans.
- Administer prompt response on inquiries from internal / external stakeholders.
- Lead initiatives and organize / coach individuals for success.
Other requirements and responsibilities in line with organizational need.
- BA/BS/MS degree in business, commerce, communications, marketing or similar.
- 5+ years Business development / lead generation / outreach / marketing / community engagement / enrolment experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with customers, clients, and colleagues.
- Experience with Client Relationship Management (CRM) (Systems such as Salesforce / Insightly)
- Excellent overall knowledge of MS Office / Google Suite.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills (Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets), including formulas, pivot tables and reporting, and formatting to present analysis.
- Familiarity with and advanced Power BI Skills are an asset.
- Ability to create presentations tailored to an external audience.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives at the same time in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop productive business professional relationships.
- Technically savvy and eager to improve processes.
- Highly motivated and target-driven, open to feedback.
- Strong time management, problem solving, negotiation and organizational skills
Interpersonal: leadership, collaboration, communication.
Competitive salary and full company benefits are available for the right candidate.
Please include a cover letter along with your updated resume in one document.
Greensaver is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.