Aventine Co-op applied for the Save on Energy Home Assistance Program, funded by the Independent Electricity System Operator, and received FREE energy-efficient upgrades for their members. The Co-op is an electrically heated complex consisting of 48 town homes with 2, 3 and 4 bedroom units.
All units received a free energy assessment conducted by GreenSaver in addition to free energy upgrades including light bulbs, water saving measures and energy star appliances.
Free Upgrades Installed
- Over 600 compact fluorescent light bulbs
- 60 water saving measures (including low flow shower heads and tap aerators)
- 8 new ENERGY STAR® appliances (including fridges, window air conditioners and dehumidifiers)
- attic insulation and draft proofing
- Approximately $14,000 annual savings on whole co-op’s electricity bill
- 94,671 kWh annual savings, the equivalent usage of 10 homes
“As a Co-Operative working with GreenSaver, the experience was a positive one for our members. The people at GreenSaver were very knowledgeable and reliable. Our members were treated with respect and understanding by the team. The overall savings over the past year have been remarkable. Thank you to all of the GreenSaver team for all their hard work”
– Paulette Clamp, Co-operative Administrator, Aventine Co-Operative Homes Inc.