Start a rewarding Career in Energy Conservation
Why you should become an Energy Advisor?
- Pursue an exciting, and dynamic career in energy efficiency for housing
- Gain skills and expertise in building science, energy modelling software and customer service while helping homeowners and builders make informed decisions when choosing energy retrofits for their homes
- Support delivery of federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and utility programs for existing housing in communities across the country
- Help Canada build back better and greener by becoming part of the growing skilled energy efficiency workforce and helping to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
We offer a comprehensive training and mentorship program
Greensaver’s Energy Advisors are the cornerstone of the organization. We provide a complimentary training and mentorship program that will prepare you along this new rewarding career path.
How do I become a Registered Energy Advisor (REA) in Ontario?
To become a designated energy advisor registered with Natural Resources Canada and to be able to deliver the EnerGuide Rating System for homes in Canada, & perform home energy evaluations for the Canada Greener Homes Grant you must have met and maintained all of the following requirements:
- Apply to become a Registered Energy Advisor with Greensaver
Please submit your CV/Resume and a Cover Letter in your application. Once our team has reviewed your application, we will be in touch with next steps in the process.
- Interview & Onboarding
Our team interviews qualified applicants to assess if they are a good fit for the position. If you have construction, engineering, trades, sustainability experience is desirable but not necessary.
- Start learning
At Greensaver, we provide a comprehensive training program where you will learn everything you need to know to be successful in your career as a Registered Energy Advisor (REA). We will arrange for you to take Foundation level exam preparation training.
- Start your training and mentoring program
You will start your training with one of our experienced mentors to complete your probationary files (This can take up to 3 months and can happen concurrently while studying for exams).
- Take the Foundation Level & Energy Advisor Exams
- Greensaver files and registers your application with Natural Resources Canada
We walk you through the process from start to finish. Yes, we even file your paperwork & register you as a Registered Energy Advisor (REA) with Natural Resources Canada.
Greensaver is a licensed service organization for Natural Resources Canada.
Greensaver is Canada’s trusted energy conservation partner. We are the leading Canadian nonprofit and licensed service organization for the newly announced Canada Greener Homes Grant.